The Big Misconception:
“I completed a Risk Assessment, I’m HIPAA Compliant.”
A Risk Assessment is only a part of HIPAA compliance.
ALL aspects of HIPAA are needed to pass an audit.
- 70% of Covered Entities are not compliant
- 79% of Covered Entities fail their Meaningful Use audit
Can You Trust Your IT Support Provider to Help You Comply With New Healthcare Industry Regulations?
Technology is a key part of how healthcare practices comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) guidelines. To operate without fear of fines and other risks, you have to be confident in the capability of your California business’ Information Technology.
Compliancy according to HHS has Seven Fundamental Elements: A Risk Assessment only covers one of them!
Southwest Networks provides a complete Compliancy solution covering all Seven Elements, simplifying the Compliancy puzzle. Don’t know where to start? Contact Southwest Networks today and let us simplify Compliancy for you. To get started, just fill out the form on this page and we will contact you to arrange a NO Obligation meeting to discuss our services with you.
Failure to comply with these guidelines can result in penalties to your business, including:
- Fines for which there is no stated maximum (in recent cases, issued fines have reached the range of $1.5M).
- Criminal liabilities that can further damage your business’ reputation and ability to operate.
Southwest Networks assesses your business’ practices to determine that the following crucial guidelines are being followed:
- if your business is compliant with HIPAA, HITECH/Meaningful Use guidelines
- if your business is prepared for an audit by the Office of Civil Rights
- how your business deals with ePHI to maintain a compliance posture
Don’t gamble with your patients’ information! Southwest Networks can help your California healthcare practice prepare for the next stage of government compliance guidelines. Get in touch with us today at (760) 770-5200 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.